Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just Do It

I was staring at this spool of tulle. Wooly asks what I'm doing. I said I'm trying to figure out how to make a tutu. He says, "Fold. Sew. Gather." How does he know these things?!

So, Katy Periwinkle has her tutu. Now she wants wings.

"I don't knit is socks." Well, now I can't say that anymore!
After knitting monsters, I realized it's like a sock gone wrong... in a good way.

I've always admired Cookie (from afar) and decided to knit Clandestine. I'm using Cascade Heritage sock yarn because it's cheap and a solid light color.
 So, look what happened. I ordered her book and she signed it!
Knit. Sock. Love.   Never say never... just do it.
 Anastasiya is coming along. I got my tension better now. Those are long rows, maybe that's why knitting socks is appealing.

This is my Mom's orchid from Hawaii. It finally bloomed after 5 years. It's the most beautiful orchid I've seen in a long time. Well worth the wait. It blooms in February and March and it hangs down from the trees. I figure it bloomed for my birthday. I was lying on the carpet taking this picture when Brother says, "Michele, hurry, Mr K is very motivated to play for you for your birthday."
 What a treat! The last time he played for us was at Christmas. He and Corey drew me pictures and we played Wii.
This little monster is the middle went to live with Lorraine. She named her Katie the Kitty Killer. I hope nothing happens to Kitten Chow, or I'll never hear the end of it. :)
And Happy St Patty's Day to you all!
It's not easy being green.
Go Monsters!

5 comments:

nordwolke said...

Yes, never say never. I am not a sock knitter, either. But I do knit them from time to time. Nice pattern you chose! And isn't green the colour of hope?

life ldc said...

Anastasiya is looking wonderful - and your cute monsters are adorable!

Dorothy said...

I remember once saying that I hated knitting socks. About 20 pairs later, I'm still making them. I joined a Ravelry group with the goal of knitting every pattern in KSL. We'll see! the monsters are just adorable.

Lorraine said...

Michele- How does Wooly know about making tutu's?

Katy is happy, and so far, no kitties have been harmed.

Cookie's patterns are great- I can't believe that there's anything you can't knit.

Jewel said...

You are just becoming more and more clever! How are you liking knitting those socks??