Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rain Cloud

Pick a Rain Cloud (Rowan 4 ply soft - merino) Add Sugar Mountain (Alchemy Haiku - silk & mohair)
Make Cologne (from Rowan Magazine 42)

A seed I'm planting is to do shaping without fear!

Boy, did I pick a 'challenging' project!

"I have a Rain Cloud Crown!... I'm getting depressed... Hello? Get this off me!"

Make a swatch... chart problems... gauge problems...

But, you know me... determined that I can figure this out... nothing will stop me!

Make another swatch... yay! Perfect!

I'm at the point where I decrease for the armholes. This hasn't been an easy ride! I've learned to count the number of stitches at the end of each row.

Yes, Rain Cloud changes in different light. To be honest... knitting this is a pain in my headache! LOL! :)

But, I'm determined! :)

Okay! Enough! I'm working on Oregon's sleeve... or Fulmar's sleeve... :)

Happy Knitting! Knit what makes you happy! :)

4 comments:

Brigitte said...

Amen to that! Knit what makes you happy.

Shaping lace. My nightmare. So I'm going to live vicariously through you and Rowan #42!

Anonymous said...

Better you than me -- I'm not very lace oriented....but I know you can do it!!!!

Lorraine said...

Michelle- Yeah, I think I'll just watch this one too.

Interesting yarn swift.

carolyninAlaska said...

It's going to be beautiful! Must be so soft too.
I'm not lace oriented either, so while I can admire it... I don't want to knit it!
It's actually funny that all your comments so far are from us non-lace knitters. LOL
Thanks for the birthday wishes... it is my birthday too. Marina must have seen the little cake that gets posted on your ID on Ravelry.