Sunday, July 15, 2007

Loud and Proud

Alpine update:
After reading my last post, petting Leaf and Trellis, reading my last post again. I decided that SIL Poohla needs to have Alpine in Zephyr. I cut off the old and gave it one more try. Hooray! It's working now!

I made it through the 6th repeat on Unst (from Sharon Miller's Heirloom Knitting book).
No photos until I get through the border.


We went to the Skagit Valley Highland Games.


Wooly played in Professional Class back in the day.

Just a sneak peek...
The Macalester College Pipe Band from St Paul. MN was there.
So were the Portland Metro Pipe band, from Oregon. I like that they each had their own family kilt on.

Simon Fraser University Pipe Band from Burnaby, BC was the only class 1 band there.
Here's the SFU Pipe Major giving his motivational speech.
Look how focused the drummers are!
The announcer made a comment about their blue socks...Wooly laughed...I said, "what's wrong with their socks? It's my favorite color!" :)



The goal is to have it sound like one pipe and one drum playing. They really did a great job. Wooly said they're the best we'll hear outside of Scotland. They're heading off to Scotland for the World's next month. We wish them well! and wish we could go too! Play Loud and Proud! m:)

4 comments:

Lorri said...

Love your Alpine. I am considering that for my next lace project. I also have some ice blue Zephyr in the stash. I'll have to see how your comes out.

By the way, thanks for the hint on the button bands. I never thought of knitting it before cutting the steek but that probably would work quite well. Although I still need to buy buttons. Sigh.

Brigitte said...

So love pipe bands! Wouldn't it be great to be in Scotland for the competition?!

Wow you go through lace projects really quickly!

Lorraine said...

I really like Sharon Miller's patterns. I highly recommend her new book on Hap Shawls, and Heirloom Knitting 2 is in the works.

I adore pipe bands.

fleegle said...

The Alpine is looking really lovely! I can't wait to see your Unst!