This has been quite the journey.
1. Tried to cast on 'my way' and it didn't work. Followed instructions... and it worked! duhh!
2. What's that smell? The yarn. Ok, I'll put up with it now that the nose knows!
3. Black dots on chart? Re-read page 23. I'm reading it right... maybe not... no, I really am... Thanks to Lorri for clarifying.
4. Dropped 2 stitches, but caught them in time. Made it to row 20 when I realized one got away. Aaauugghhh! Took a 'break' to surf the web and saw Fleegle's post about lifelines are your friend - use them! Wishing I had a lifeline... while ripping out... and starting over. :(
5. Got my lifeline, focus now... count! Did you say something? It's not lining up! Rip back 5 rows to lifeline. :(
6. Shhh... everything's going too well. Breathe. Made it through one repeat! Hooray!
So here I am on row 13 of the 2nd repeat. See my friend the pink lifeline?
Never ever had this much drama!!
Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends! Happy Independence Day to my American friends!
Let's make it safe and sane... USE A LIFELINE! m:)