Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Leaf Me Alone

I got a Maple Leaf!

Whistler front


Whistler back
I can't remember how many times I ripped and re-knitted. Wooly asked what was wrong with me and finally exclaimed, "This is The Project From Hell!" This may be the one and only Norwegian sweater I make, so I'm determined to do it right.

My 'placket buddy' Jewel wrote an excellent blog post on how to do the neck decreased in the round. After reading it, I ripped back to the neck opening and did it like she did. Thanks Jewel! I'm very happy now. :)

So now I started a sleeve...and am in 'sleeve hell.' So far so good, I haven't ripped back, but it's early yet. ;)

Speaking of hell...

I don't know if it's because I'm having problems with this sweater... this month has been hell. Lots of anxiety for me. Work is total chaos. I met with my supervisor & asked if I had anything to worry about. He said, "No, you are 3rd highest in the group and part time... sign here." I was shocked I was doing that well, so I signed. Then everyone was questioning why I signed it... which caused doubt. So I talked to him again & he showed me the stats. I'm just going to continue on. I guess I'm worried about job security... like it exists! lol!

So, I cut my hair.

Then there's another part of life that's been out of my control. It finally got 'settled' yesterday. So I'm back to my old self again. I decided to celebrate and bought myself some tulips.


My parents just came back from Hawaii.
My brother, SIL, Mr K & Corey are heading to Hawaii in a few days.
When are we leaving?!

I told Wooly we should go to the Coast and take our sweaters. We've had a mild winter, so never wore them. I would take Fulmar & Whistler. I want to get away!

I guess I should be happy I got the 'monkey' off my back.

Back to sleeve hell for me. I've been watching skiing & snowboarding on tv. It's getting me excited for the Olympic Games next month. I'm hoping to have Whistler done by then. I'm not holding my breath though.

Happy Knitting! :)

9 comments:

Jewel said...

We are in the same place on our sweaters. I'm on the sleeve now. I had a few mental gaps here and there as if I had never knit a sleeve before. But I'm off and running now.

My goal is to get my sweater done in time for the Olympics because during opening ceremonies I want to cast on Lake Louise.

So as your Placket Buddy - I'm cheering you on. The sleeves won't take nearly as long as the body! We can both get this done in time for the Olympics!

Brigitte said...

Ohh, me scared! I've done decreases on a Norwegian before, so I hope I don't run into any issues with Princess. :( Then again, at the rate I'm going...

Oh, I'm glad things are getting better! The kitties send you high five paws.

Marina said...

If you had knitted more crew neck FI cardigans, you would have figured it out easily ;-)

Picture or it didn't happen! How much did you cut?

Lorraine said...

Michele- I sometimes get the urge to shave my head- but so far have resisted.

Your Dale is incredible- keep up the great work.

My Little Room In The Corner said...

Your sweater is beautiful! Took my breath away when I saw it first thing.
Sorry to hear about the stress in your life. That is difficult and wish there was something I could do to help you.
But, you are feeling better...right? Not pullin' our legs?

life ldc said...

Gorgeous norwegian sweater - and I'm sure you'll look great in it with your new hair cut!

nordwolke said...

Hi Michele,
thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I admire your knitting, you do all the stuff I am also interested in! Your sweater might be from hell but it's looking great so far. I hope, I will be able to show something nice soon again, too, but I am waiting for wool. :( So, only smaller projects in the works. :(
I am adding your website to my blog roll!
Have a nice day! :)

rosalia said...

You knit very well. We have similar passions: Knitting and flowers.
Rosalias from Spain.

carolyninalaska said...

I didn't realize I was so overdue to leave you a comment.
I'm glad Whistler is going better now. I had problems with the dancing children on my sweater and was thinking it was the project from hell after I had to redo it the third time!