Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ransom

My first ever v-neck vest
Jamieson's Spindrift kit - She Ewe Knits
3mm & 3.25mm needles

I left off the last repeat on the shoulders to make it shorter, since I'm short & don't like deep v's.

I'm very happy with this vest & love everything about it. I consider it the standard from which all others will be judged. Are you scared? Me too! :D Great job Lorraine!


I'm moving in!


So, we got together to celebrate Christmas & Merry's (Wooly's mom) birthday - same day! Wasn't her mom clever?!

While we were eating, Poohla (Wooly's sister) hold us this sweater and says, "Hey! Check it out! Grandma Marie made this in the 1940's! Can you believe it? Doesn't it look modern?!"

Snotty (Wooly's brother) says, "It looks like something from the '60's"

Me "Boy was she ahead of her time! I love it! I wish I had made it. I want it!"

Ciss (Snotty's daughter) "I'll fight you for it!!!"



Don't you hate it when your niece has good taste? I could feel my hackles & claws coming up!

Check out those buttons on the sleeve! I asked Ciss what she had on under her sweatshirt... and she gave me a , 'boy is THAT inappropriate' look... I continued with, "Do you have a camisole on? I want to take a photo of you wearing it." She didn't & neither did I, so on the floor!


Poohla showed us her very organized craft room. She kept saying, "I've got so much CRAP!" to which Ciss & I, in unison would reply, "We LOVE crap!" I swear it's like a little craft store with all the neatest stuff. I announced, "I'm moving in!" Ciss said, "Me too! We'll just sleep right here!"


Follow your Feelings


I had the feeling that I needed to go to Village Yarn & Tea, since I hadn't been there in months.

Look what just arrived! Evilla yarn from Estonia! 100% wool in fingering weight with long color changes like Kauni, but cheaper! Approximately 800yds per skein. What am I making? Not sure, but I have Poetry in Stitches & have been wanting to make something from that book.


Meanwhile, in Mr K's world...

"...ready?..."

"... YAHHHH!!!!!...."


Someone got big boy pajamas & a crazy frog puppet for Christmas!

Isn't it nice when the little things make you happy... like Ransom, Marie's sweater & Evilla yarn & your silly nephew Mr K...

Happy New Year! Stay healthy & warm!

8 comments:

Marina said...

Did you really have to knit it that quickly? I might as well give it up ;-) Ransom looks gorgeous on you. Your "V" looks great. Nice and sharp.

The freeform crochet sweater looks wonderful. I need to take lessons.

Love the pink and green combination. I was thinking of doing that to Zauberflote!

carolyninAlaska said...

Ransom looks beautiful and great on you too! I want to do that one now!
I'll have to wait though, because I don't have the yarn or the pattern.
I don't think my family would approve of me asking for more yarn for my birthday, since I just had a tremendous haul at Christmas.
That's gorgeous yarn you have... it will be fun to plan what you're going to make. Be sure to let "us" all know ;-)

knititch said...

lovely vivacious post. i love all the things you have posted about. and that little nephew? is too cute.

Anonymous said...

Love the frog!

Great v-neck vest too.

My Little Room In The Corner said...

You did a marvelous job on the vest. And, it looks great on you as well. Pretty, pretty! I wish we had a great yarn store close. Guess I will just live vicariously through you. Go often!

Lorraine said...

Michele- I saw you on Ravelry, and had to tell you how amazing you look. You did a superb job.

Evilla- we need a yarn review on that.
I'm not quite sure what to say about the sweater, so I won't say anything.

Which says it all.

Brigitte said...

OH WOW Michele - you ROCK! Ransom is amazing on you! And you are one quick knitter.

*sigh*, my poor languishing Windsor Waistcoat...

Good choice on the yarn colours!

Mr. K cracks me up...

Sonya said...

Ransom is beautiful and fits you perfectly! I have to usually shorten things a bit too. And lengthen things for my husband. ;o)