Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Honeybee

Honeybee Scarf
Honeybee Stole by Anne Hanson
Zephyr lace weight - claret - 50% merino + 50% silk
US4 or 3.5mm Addis Lace (circular)
80"x 18" finished size
Made for Merry

I made the petite size in length/rows, but the tall size in width/repeats. I also used a size smaller needle since I wanted a scarf.

My favorite section to knit was the Bee and Honeycomb - 3rd part. I couldn't have done it without my Addis Lace needles.

I love the vertical lines, and the finished fabric... but in the end this isn't the 'bees knees' for me. I prefer designs with more flow or movement.

When Wooly suggested I give it to his mom Merry, I thought it was a wonderful idea... after gasping and sleeping on it... after all, I still need a scarf! :)

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Oh wow it's beautiful, and I love the pink.

I would have a real hard time parting with it, that's for sure...

:)