Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Green Dragon

 "DUDE! You're awesome!"
"I know. Hold up, I've gotta do something..."

"C'mon Penguin Boy..."
"I'm coming... I thought I was a cat..."

"Okay you two... for the BLOG!"
"GRRR... Mighty Green Dragon!!"
"Geez... who invited Godzilla?! What's a blog?"
"You know... Auntie Michele... sends stickers..."


"Oh! I got stickers! Anyone want a sticker?
For your shirt, camera, phone, remote, floor, foot..."

I've got the cutest nephews ever...

In Knitting News

Anne's Hibiscus Cardigan is OUT!
I shamelessly begged Village Yarn & Tea to order the pattern.


I showed Mom and she wants one too... :)

Anne use to be my Spindrift yarn supplier. She spoiled me. She's focusing on designing & closed her online shop. She's fairislefanatic in Ravelry

I can't wait to start, but first I'm going to finish Delphine...

One more chart & I'll be at the shoulders!

I realized I wanted it shorter, so I cut out 2 charts.
I'm knitting checkerboard steeks for the armhole & vertical stripes for the neck steek.

This is designed by my buddy Lorraine. She's Knittingham in Ravelry.
I love this sweater & can't wait to wear it.

If you're not in Ravelry, you're missing out. Just saying. I'm glad I joined.

And I started The Queen...

"I want the tiara!"

After much thought, I decided to knit it inward. Work & turn so I garter stitch.
I've got 68/208 edge points done.

This is the Phoenix yarn I dyed this summer & it just happens to match my Japanese Iris. I love knitting with this yarn. Sorry I didn't pin block it, but I'm kinda scared, it's so thin!

I'm being very quiet about this because it's going to take forever & I'm enjoying sweater knitting right now.

So, got Thanksgiving plans?

We got invited to one of Wooly's friend's house last month.
Just now, Wooly's friend informed us that they WON'T be doing Thanksgiving.
Meanwhile, we told everyone else who invited us that we already had plans.

The 'cheese' stands alone...

I'm kinda pissed.

Wooly thinks we can just call one of our other friends & tell them we're available... basically invite ourselves over. I hate it when people do that.

I told Wooly we're just going to make our own dinner & have a quiet day by ourselves.... which is really fine with me... no stress... no expectations...

What makes it worse, is this is the second year in a row that this 'friend' did this!

Okay, I'm done venting.

What's on your list for Christmas? I'm thinking better 'friends'. LOL!

Happy Knitting! Peace out! :)

7 comments:

life ldc said...

Delphine looks fabulous! The Queen looks glorious! Thanks for supporting Jamieson's yarn and buying my pattern!!!!

I'm with you -- next year no matter what -- don't accept this "friend"s invitation........

Lorraine said...

The fun never stops around here.

Aren't the boys adorable?

Brigitte said...

You do have the cutest nephews ever! Is that a Gandalf sticker I see there?!!

Wow, I love how Delphine is looking. And yes Smoothie, you should be wearing the tiara. Although don't get too close to the lace, I think Mom just may cry if you pull something by accident.

I think you and Wooly will have a great Thanksgiving just the 2 of you.

carolyninalaska said...

All your knitting looks gorgeous! I love Delphine and can't wait to see your Hibiscus cardigan.
Hope your Tnanksgiving goes well even if it is just the two of you.

My Little Room In The Corner said...

I love all your projects. Anne is going to be proud to have her sweater knit by the Miyamojo! And, the nephs are so adorabubble. As far as Thanksgiving goes, I believe Jet Blue has some really good round trip fares from your area to Syracuse. You could catch a plane and join us! It is just going to be Mr. Ed and me at our house.

Sonya said...

Those 2 boys could not BE any cuter! We're having a quiet Thanksgiving too, but I'm looking forward to all that knitting time.

Rebecca said...

Cute nephews! I'm excited that you bought Anne's Hibiscus pattern and can't wait to watch you knit it. I think it is beautiful but so swamped with other things to finish that I'm holding off.