Sunday, July 19, 2009

Unplug

I finished Aeolian for Mom's birthday.
Gotta say, I absolutely love everything about it and wish I could keep it for myself.

I only had 1 skein, so I made the shoulderette with the narrow edge.

Not the true color, but I'm trying to show the beads.

Hand Maiden Sea Silk - 70% silk 30% Seacell - Melon
S/L Transparent Light Amber AB beads - size 8
Clover bamboo needles - 3.5mm US4
23" x 42"

I really want to keep it for myself.
I'll be making a large one for myself soon. I'm not going to edit the beads. The big decision is which yarn to use. I have lots of precious lace yarn... one will be sacrificed for this dream project. :)

Unplug

We decided we needed to 'unplug' and go to Cannon Beach Oregon.


Here we are by Haystack Rock. This will be our Christmas photo. Unless we come up with something better.

Wooly complained about my camera (Nikon) the whole time we were there. When he looked at the photos on the computer, he said, "HEY! Your camera takes NICE photos! I look ALOT better here, than in real life!"

Dude, the camera doesn't lie! He drives me crazy! He wished I had brought the Canon, but I wasn't going to drag it around with me.

We really unplugged and had fun drifting along. We're having post-vacation blues now.

Self timing camera fun.

You know the song... sing it with us!


Getting to know you...


Getting to know all about you...


Getting to like you...


Hoping that you like me...


Getting to know you...


Putting it my way, but nicely... (Wooly's sock!)


You are precisely, my cup of tea!



We went to Brother's house and had dinner with family & friends.

Mr K loves his camera (like brother & I).

I told Brother to look at the photos Mr K took...

Brother: "Who taught Mr K how to do the self timer?" while giving me the evil eye.

Me: "I don't know... Not me!... HONEST!" LOL!

We had the camera on the top of the couch.
Mr K was thrilled that the Wii was in the photos too. :)
I was thrilled that Corey & Wooly joined us... and that we had the giraffe & duck in the photos too.

Spending time with kids is another great way to unplug!


You know, I haven't knitted a stitch this last week. I didn't take knitting to the Coast. Since we've been back, I've been at work, or it's been too hot.

Since I last posted, I got through chart 1 of Genevieve.
I got half way through the final edge of Princess. I'm so ready to be done with Her Highness!

So, until next time, take a break & unplug! :)

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Michele- The Aeolian is in my queue. Yours is amazing.

What are you doing to those innocent children? ;-)

Sonya said...

Michele, that shawl is amazing! I wouldn't want to give it up either.

I think Mr K probably tells all his little friends how much fun he has with you!

yarnlot said...

Quite delicate this Aeolian in pink! And your family looks lovely...

Brigitte said...

Wow Michele, Aeolian ROCKS! Your mom is very lucky.

The boys look like they're having a great time with all of their stuffed animals, and Aunt Michele and Uncle Wooly! You guys will be the "cool" relatives when they grow up!