Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where'd you get that sweater?

Here's Wooly in his new coat. I called him 'Paddington Bear' and he didn't know what I meant.

He went to the jewelry store dressed like this and the sales lady said, "Wow! Nice sweater!" He said, "You like this sweater?" she said, "Yes! Where'd you get it from?" He said, "My WIFE made me this sweater!!" she said, "*gasp* Your wife made it?" He said, "Yes, she made me 8 sweater!" Then he let her pet his cables.

He comes home and says, "I've got a great story! It'll make your day!"
It SURE did! Nice to know there are people out there that appreciate hand knits. It would have been even better if it included something shiny from the jewelry store! ;)

Leo's Sweater

This is Wooly's hero Leo Rowsome.
He played Irish Pipes (best ever) and passed away in 1970.
In 1979 Wooly went to Ireland and met his widow Helena and had tea with her. She liked Wooly and let him play Leo's pipes! What an honor! Leo hand made his pipes.

Good 'ole Wooly... I guess having the 'gift of the gab' and more balls than brains can lead to rewards.

Wooly loves Leo's sweater and wanted me to make him one. I told him I wanted 'full participation' from him, so go find the pattern for that cable and I'll make him one.

I mentioned it in Ravelry and our new friend Michael thought it looked like the sweater Martin Storey designed and sent me a photo.

Sure looks close! No?! I showed it to Wooly and was all ready to make him one with 5 cables across. He thought about it... and decided he has enough sweaters.

BOOooooo! Well if he changes his mind, I know where to get it! So, I guess it's 'all about me' for a while!

Ransom
"Smoothie! Stop fooling around! SCAT!!"
"..but... but... it's warm here!"


Here's the pretty rib I promised. I'm telling you, Fair Isle is addictive! You start knitting around... get in your rhythm... oohhh change color! and before you know it... you've got a pretty rib!

See Smoothie's label says, 'Smoothie' ... I don't make these things up!


First snow=December 14.

I made it to work on Monday. It was 12*F in the morning. My gloved fingers were hurting, so I was glad the bus showed up, after waiting 30 minutes. (damn public transportation! since we're trying to keep this happy, I'll stop talking now... )

Kamati & Smoothie want you to sing along, to the tune of Winter Wonderland...
Kamati: " In the morning we will build a SNOWMAN! "
Smoothie: " And pretend that he's a circus CLOWN! "
Kamati: " We'll have lots of fun with MR SNOWMAN! "
Smoothie: " Until KAMATI DECIDES TO KNOCK HIM DOWN! "

Kamati: "Wha..?! THAT does it! MOMmm!

Smoothie: "HAHaa! HEEEeee!! I made a funny! heeheehee!"


All-rightie-then!
I'm off to try and get Kamati to stop pouting.
Hope all's well in your world!
Stop and admire the hand knits! :)

8 comments:

knititch said...

that michael knows everything one would ever like to know about cables.

and i love that wooly and that old irishman in his sweater.

it is generous of you to let women in shops pet his cables :-))

paddington oh paddington.

carolyninAlaska said...

It does look like a Paddington Bear coat... but who would notice... it just can't compete with that awesome sweater!

Ransom is going to be beautiful!!!!

Marina said...

I can't figure that Wooly out :

- every time I'm about to say something "nice" about him, I then read something "iffy" about him.

- he then does something "iffy", but next minute, does something nice...

like give you time to knit for yourself!

Ooo, I can see the beginning of the pattern. Beautiful!

Sonya said...

Your Ransom is going to be gorgeous. I totally agree with about FI being addictive.

My Little Room In The Corner said...

Your Wooly plays the pipes? My Boyfriend/DH does too! It is funny how alike they sound. Proud as punch to wear a sweater made just for them and let other women fondle the...sweater. Ahem...moving right along. Love your colors for Ransom, can't wait to see the finished project.

Anonymous said...

You can NEVER have too many hand knit aran sweaters LOL!!!

Wooly, what a crazy guy!

Brigitte said...

Michael is wonderful! He has a great eye.

Smoothie reminds me of a certain little black cat I know. Do you think maybe they have been IM'ing each other when we're at work?

What's Wooly wearing in the picture?

Ransom! Don't you just love finishing up the ribbing, and getting to see what the patterning looks like? Ah, Fair Isle...

Lorraine said...

Michele- He does look like Paddington- you'll have to get some of the books. And letting women feel his cables...I don't know what to say!

Your knitting prowess amazes me- I am your biggest fan.